Sign up here:
Corda training is an intensive, structured two-day course for developers. This course will provide developers with the key skills necessary to develop financial grade distributed applications on the Corda platform.
Corda is an open-source distributed ledger platform designed to record, manage and automate legal agreements between businesses. It offers a unique response to the privacy and scalability challenges facing decentralised applications. Corda is the culmination of a collaborative effort with over 70 of the world’s largest financial institutions.
On course completion, participants will leave with the ability to develop CorDapps (applications on Corda), as well as understand the security, network design and other key aspects of Corda’s architecture. Sessions will be provided directly by the team building the Corda platform.
Note: R3 provides a broad range of training courses via multiple delivery channels, including two-day, in-person classroom Corda developer training (for a minimum of 20 students). Please register for a Corda classroom training course, and we will be in touch.
The course will be delivered over a two-day period, and will provide students with a solid conceptual and practical understanding of Corda and the development of CorDapps.
We will cover the following topics:
- Intro to Corda
- Understand the overall architecture, key concepts and components of Corda
- Getting Started
- Learn how to set up your development environment for running and writing CorDapps
- Understand how to model shared facts and agreements on the ledger
- Use test-driven development to create smart contracts controlling the evolution of the ledger
- Learn about the transaction lifecycle, and how transactions are used to propose ledger updates
- Use our flow testing framework to develop flows allowing Corda users to automate common business logic
- Corda Node
- Learn how the node is designed, what it can do, and what it can’t. Learn what services/APIs the node offers
- Corda Network
- Understand how a Corda network is structured and how data flows between nodes on the network
Course locations and registration
We are pleased to offer training in each of our global hubs on the recurring monthly timeframe as noted below. Classrooms are limited to 20 students to ensure mentoring capabilities.
First Tuesday and Wednesday of each month*
Second Tuesday and Wednesday of each month*
Cost: $3,000 USD
Third Tuesday and Wednesday of each month*
Cost: $3,000 USD
February 22nd-23rd, 2018*
Admission to all three days of the Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Con is $1253.89 (including taxes and fees), which includes admission 2-day Corda training, and many additional events, classes, panel discussions, networking, and more.
As part of this course, we’ll be developing a CorDapp in Kotlin, a JVM language. Students will therefore require intermediate programming ability in Java or similar.
No prior knowledge of distributed ledger technologies or blockchains is assumed.
* Subject to change