Sign up here:
Corda training is an intensive, structured two-day course for developers. This course will provide developers with the key skills necessary to develop financial grade distributed applications on the Corda platform.
Corda is an open-source distributed ledger platform designed to record, manage and automate legal agreements between businesses. It offers a unique response to the privacy and scalability challenges facing decentralised applications. Corda is the culmination of a collaborative effort with over 70 of the world’s largest financial institutions.
On course completion, participants will leave with the ability to develop CorDapps (applications on Corda), understand the security, network design and other key aspects of Corda’s architecture. Sessions will be provided directly by the team building the Corda platform.
The course will be delivered over a two-day period in a series of modules. These modules, as described below, will provide students with a solid conceptual and practical understanding of Corda and the development of CorDapps.
The proposed modules (subject to change) are:
- Intro to DLT
- Learn the fundamentals of blockchain and the technologies it inspired
- Intro to Corda
- Understand the overall architecture, key concepts and components of Corda
- Getting Started
- Learn how to set up your development environment and get started
- Deep Dive
- A review of the key library types and interfaces provided by the Corda platform
- Corda Node
- Know how the node is designed, what it can do, and what it can’t. Learn what services/APIs the node offers
- Understand the Corda plugin framework and how to develop CorDapps
- Corda Network
- Understand how a Corda network is structured and how data flows between nodes on the network
- Designing for Corda
- Learn Corda design patterns for common business problems
Course locations and registration
We are pleased to offer training in each of our global hubs on the recurring monthly timeframe as noted below. Classrooms are limited to 20 students to ensure mentoring capabilities.
First Tuesday and Wednesday of each month
Second Tuesday and Wednesday of each month
Cost: $3,000 USD
Third Tuesday and Wednesday of each month
Cost: $3,000 USD
23rd – 24th March 2017
Cost: $650 USD
As part of this course, we’ll be developing a CorDapp in Java. We therefore require our students to have intermediate programming ability in Java or similar.
No prior knowledge of distributed ledger technologies or blockchains is assumed.