Corda training is an intensive, structured two-day course for developers. This course will provide developers with the key skills necessary to develop financial grade distributed applications on the Corda platform.
Corda is an open-source distributed ledger platform designed to record, manage and automate legal agreements between businesses. It offers a unique response to the privacy and scalability challenges facing decentralised applications. Corda is the culmination of a collaborative effort with over 70 of the world’s largest financial institutions.
On course completion, participants will leave with the ability to develop CorDapps (applications on Corda), as well as understand the security, network design and other key aspects of Corda’s architecture.
The course will be delivered over a two-day period, and will provide students with a solid conceptual and practical understanding of Corda and the development of CorDapps.
We will cover the following topics:
- Intro to Corda
- Understand the overall architecture, key concepts and components of Corda
- Getting Started
- Learn how to set up your development environment for running and writing CorDapps
- Understand how to model shared facts and agreements on the ledger
- Use test-driven development to create smart contracts controlling the evolution of the ledger
- Learn about the transaction lifecycle, and how transactions are used to propose ledger updates
- Use our flow testing framework to develop flows allowing Corda users to automate common business logic
- Corda Node
- Learn how the node is designed, what it can do, and what it can’t. Learn what services/APIs the node offers
- Corda Network
- Understand how a Corda network is structured and how data flows between nodes on the network
As part of this course, we’ll be developing a CorDapp in Kotlin, a JVM language. Students will therefore require intermediate programming ability in Java or similar.
No prior knowledge of distributed ledger technologies or blockchains is assumed.